Saturday, August 22, 2009

make your band more web-friendly

Recently all of my food money went towards a new laptop. I am now living in the depths of poverty-stricken squalor, but on a brighter note I have a shiny new keyboard. Which has provoked the following list...

Impossible band names that lead to equally as impossible /band URL's on MySpace

DANANANANAYKROYD
That was... how many nananana's now? Chrome Rainbow is a sweet song though and worth the extra finger movement.

SIGUR ROS
Those little Icelandic dots eeeek.

MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS
Vomit. The name and the band.

...AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF THE DEAD
Alright, admittedly they changed it to Trail of the Dead, but those full stops weren't great when trying to categorise your iTunes..

DOES IT OFFEND YOU, YEAH?
Grammar confoozledness.

THE THE
Singlehandedly most used word on the Net with "sex" coming a close second.

If only every band was called "The Music". Wait, no I totally take that back.


3 comments:

Penmonicus said...

My girlfriend told me she once tried to look up the band "Brand New".

Once.

Spoz said...

I like the idea of a band called "To Be Announced". That way on your myspace you could claim the most INSANE support slots.. on the technicality that you had to pass them all up for "artistic reasons". I know, it's an old joke but to me it still kills :)

miranda said...

Hahaha. I think you're onto something there..