Thursday, January 21, 2010

how to avoid religious doorknockers

Friday, 3:34pm, sitting upstairs on the laptop.

[intercom rings]

[picks up intercom phone]


Miranda: hello?
Dude: Oh hello, I'm from the blah blah blah church was just wondering if I could come in and talk to you about the Burnside Christian Ministery.

[oh, superb. Time to feign LANGUAGE BARRIER!!]

Miranda: .....What?
Dude: Just wondering if I could come in and talk you about the Christian Ministry
Miranda: .....What?
Dude: Just wondering if I could...
Miranda: .....What?
Dude: ... could I leave a leaflet and a letter in your mailbox?
Miranda: .....What?
Dude: .... [footsteps walk away]

You'll get no donation from me, all my shrapnel is going towards a cherry ripe when I go to the IGA once I know you're far away from my front gate. Fkn.

No comments: